Saturday, December 4, 2010

Time for a new story?

Lately, I've been in deep thought. {Consider yourself warned...}

Thinking about the plethora of stories out in the world. Wondering why I keep on seeing/reading the same story over and over again? This hold true especially in Hollywood, how many times, have we all seen:

Boy meets girl, falls in love, looses girl, gets girl back....

Girl chooses family over her love? Then defies her family to 'win back' the love her life?

Child is sick, parent (usually the mother) goes to extreme to find a cure...

Or how about the girl good "taming" the bad boy? Better yet, how about the 'prince' rescuing the damsel in distress?

The list could on...

My challenge to all writers {and Hollywood}, let's dig deep into our imaginations and life experience to find new stories.  Stories that go beyond the superficial paradigms of romance, power, desire into the anatomy of the soul....

Who is with me??????

1 comment:

Don Sailorman said...

Write on. I have written seven novels, none published. Before the first of the year I'll try another twenty agents.

It took TWO YEARS to get my introduction to economics textbook published.

Don't give up.