Monday, November 29, 2010

Quotes - from C.S. Lewis





My dear Lucy,
       I wrote this story for you, but when I began it I had not realized that girls grow quicker than books. As a result you are already too old for fairy tales, and by the time it is printed and bound you will be older still. But some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. You can then take it down from some upper shelf, dust it, and tell me what you think of it. I shall probably be too deaf to hear, and too old to understand a word you say, but I shall still be, your affectionate Godfather, C. S. Lewis
                                  
This is the dedication page from the book:  Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. 


I have started to re-read the series for the first time since the age of 10. I finally understand what the words underlined above mean. Let me encourage all adults to pick up a fairy tale and read it. I think you will get more out of it.....


Happy reading and writing! 

No comments: