Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Tofurky Day!

Happy Thanksgiving, Death Pixie people! Your support, your thoughtful critique and your wonderful sense of fun are all on my list of things to be thankful for!

I'm wondering how everyone is coping with finding time to write over the busy holidays. I know that I myself am struggling already, and the winter holidays are just beginning! Are you able to make a date with yourself, in between the festivities? Or do you give yourself a vacation and relax your expectations?

1 comment:

Robbie Knutson said...

The holidays are like a black hole as far as time to write goes. There is a certain point of no return, an event horizon if you will, where all your good intentions and planning give way to, "oh forget it, i'm too busy." The only thing that i've found works at all is deadlines. Set deadlines, and have a writing buddy to keep you accountable, preferably with a deadline of their own. I think the trick is not to pass the "event horizon" get enough done each week that you don't completely lose momentum, or suffer the crush of the black hole.