Thursday, August 6, 2009

365 Challenge

OK, Pixies, writers and fans, here is a challenge for y’all:

Write a short story, a day for 365 days. The stories can be a long as they need to be but the minimum is:


1 page, typed, double-spaced

Or
Two pages long hand in a regular sized notebook

Or

30 bar napkins

Or

6 pages in a

Or

Insert your own creative form here. (If you need a number, post a comment with: your creative format and I will give you a number….)

I wish I could take credit for this idea however, I cannot - the idea was originally executed by playwright Suzan-Lori Parks. Ms. Parks wrote 1 play a day for a year, each play is wrote was preformed for 365 days. Here’s link to the website for a little more information:
http://www.365days365plays.com/about.php

Here are the logistics 365 Challenge will begin on September 1st 2009 ending on August 31st 2010. There will be blog that will showcase stories written. (The blog is NOT up yet). The blog will be linked to Death Pixies site. Any thoughts on the writing process will post to the Death Pixies blog every Thursday.

As I hammer out more details, I will post them…..

However, I am curious to hear feedback from everyone. Good idea? A little crazy? Would you commit to joining me on the adventure?

1 comment:

Laura Bradley Rede said...

Sounds like a challenge! I won't be joining this one-- I promised myself "nothing but the novel until it's done"-- but I'll be watching with interest and writing in solidarity :) Have fun!