Sunday, March 29, 2009

Discovery, Commitment, Goals

I made a promise to a particular writer friend of mine that I would not have any romances until I finished my novel. (There is a LONG story behind this and some day, I may tell it) The short version, I blamed men, for distracting me from my artistic endeavors. Since, I’ve been going through the self-imposed dessert-dating spell, I’ve internally discovered: that I stand in my own way of my art. Wow! This has only taken me almost two years to discover! Acknowledging myself being the issue, I had to find a solution.

I am challenging myself to the following:
Every week, for the next year, I will write a chapter, short story, scene in stage play or screenplay or poem a week!

My year will begin April 1st, 2009 and end April 1st, 2010.

What happens if I do not follow through? Well, not accomplishing my goal is not an option. I really want to test myself and figure out who I can truly be as a writer/artist.

No comments: