Wednesday, January 7, 2009

American, Idle

Less than one week to go before the season premier of American Idol. Yes, I watch, but I don't vote. (I always feel the need to make that disclaimer, as if not voting somehow spares my last scrap of dignity. It's like saying "I didn't inhale.") So, here's my official prayer: May the gods of writing lead me not into temptation. May they deliver me from Idol... I would ask my Pixie posse to help keep me honest, but I think last season I managed to drag a fellow Pixie who shall remain nameless (Norma) into my addiction. Sort of like having a drink with your sponsor. So this year maybe I'll just make Idol a reward. How many words should I have to write before I can watch? More or less for an elimination episode? The first step is admitting you have a problem...;)

1 comment:

Norma Boe said...

I call my television viewing "research." Season 4.5 of "Battlestar Galactica" starts this Friday, "Lost" starts next Wednesday and next month the very long awaited "Dollhouse" finally premiers.

Yea! I get to watch TV!