Sunday, November 9, 2008

Life is a (Sci-Fi) Cabaret

Okay, okay, I know. It's hard enough to find time to write, never mind have a social life on top of that, and I am the last one to propose going out since my children generally keep me under house arrest (um, I mean, "since I prefer to spend quality evening time with my children" :) But that said... Patrick's Cabaret in South Minneapolis is having a special sci-fi themed variety show Friday and Saturday, Nov 14 and 15, at 8pm. It will feature, among other things, covers of favorite sci-fi themes, alien-inspired dance, and local b-boys doing a set inspired by the Dune Chronicles. (You just don't see that every day, right?) If you've never been to Patrick's, you owe it to yourself to go. It's a great eclectic mix of avant garde performers. There are no auditions, but the quality of the work is always high and the evening is always fun. The cabaret is run by volunteers, so all the gate goes to the performers. This show is $10 at the door. You can reserve in advance at tickets@patrickscabaret.org I've had the pleasure of going to Patrick's since way back in the day, when it used to be in Patrick Scully's apartment and it is honestly one of my favorite things about Minneapolis.

No comments: