Wednesday, October 1, 2008

31 days of early morning insanity

Oh dear.  I may have finally become one of those writers.  You know, the ones who gleefully say that they get up at 0430 to write and get 18 pages done before breakfast?  Of course, an awful lot of those people are published, so who am I to argue against success?

My life has become absolutely insanely busy over the last month or so, and shows no signs of letting up.  My former schedule left writing until the end of the day, and more often than not that meant it didn't happen.  While I would typically say that late evening is my best creative time, when that evening is the end of a crazy day of meetings, errands, and other insanity there just isn't any brain power left.

Darned if I'm going to let my job get my best brain power.  Especially if it doesn't need it.  So I'm trying something.  For the month of October, I'm getting up early.  5 am, to be exact.  And pounding out a few pages over oatmeal and a cup of tea.  It's not my first choice, but it's what I need to do.  And I've promised myself that if October 31 rolls around and I hate this, I can try Plan B (whatever that means).

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.  In the meantime, send your early AM creative vibes and caffeinated beverages my way - I'm going to need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

HRJ said...

You can do it!!!!!!