Monday, August 4, 2008

WotF Count-Down

Hey! Less than a week before I leave for the Writers of the Future workshop and award ceremony in California! I am extremely excited-- although right now I'm pretty wrapped up in the nitty-gritty of getting both myself and my daughter Shanika packed to go out of town at the same time. (Shanika will be spending the week at a sleep-away camp for kids with autism.) Dress code for WotF week is supposed to be "upscale casual" and, while everything I own qualifies as casual, very little qualifies as upscale, so packing is a bit of a challenge :) I am so eager to meet the other writers and to get everything I can out of the workshop. I am going to try my best to blog about the experience here-- although, in looking at other people's blogs about WotF, I have noticed a trend: People tend to blog the first day and not at all after that! Hmmm... I think it's safe to assume that we'll be kept busy... :)

4 comments:

Norma Boe said...

I'm so excited for you, La! Don't worry about blogging in real time. We'll pick your brain when you get back. Have a great time!

Tony said...

Yeah, forget blogging while at the WOTF workshop. Don't waste a moment of the amazing experience while you're there. Enjoy! -- Tony, WOTF XXIII

Kelly McCullough said...

What Tony said. Have a blast, make friends, soak up experience. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Laura Bradley Rede said...

Thanks for letting me off the blogging hook, guys :) I'll stay in the (once in a lifetime) moment and debrief when I come back to the real world.