Friday, June 27, 2008

Quote for the Day

Okay, does it qualify as a "quote for the day" if your kid said it?

The other day, my three-and-a-half year old son, Harrison, picked out a video to watch. We happened to have that show on DVD as well as video, so I started to put the DVD on for him.
He rolled his eyes at me in exasperation. "No, Mama," he said, "I want to watch it in hardcover!"
What do you think? Future publishing exec? :)

This reminded me of something that happened about a year ago. I was washing the dishes, elbow-deep in suds. Harrison wanted my attention and I told him I would be with him in just a moment. "Why, Mama?" He asked sweetly, "Do you need to write one more sentence?"

I guess he hears that a lot :)

Parents who write often focus on the time that our writing takes away from our kids. Little moments like these remind me of how lucky our kids are to grow up surrounded by people who speak fluent Book.
Have a great day!

No comments: