Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Quotes for the Day

"Getting the first draft finished is like pushing a peanut with your nose across a very dirty floor"

--Joyce Carol Oates

"I learned that your should feel while writing... like a child stringing beads in kindergarten-- happy, absorbed and quietly putting one bead after another."

--Brenda Ueland

How do you feel today, Death Pixies? Are you peanut pushing or bead stringing? (Is there a third option, like happily pushing a bead with your nose across a floor that's really dirty because you wrote instead of mopping it? Because I think that's me.)

Happy April!

1 comment:

Nola J Moore said...

I think it's like pushing a peanut across a dirty floor and then spotting a quarter under the microwave stand. Lots of hard work with the occasional "hey-nifty!"

But the best part is when the quarter is really a gold nugget . . .

Gee, I hope no one looks at my floors that hard . . .


:)