Monday, April 21, 2008

Quote for the Day (sort of) Continued

To continue on Nola's theme of not-sucking-ness... I'm currently reading "If You Want to Write" by Brenda Ueland. It's great-- more philosophical than "how to." One of my favorite quotes is:

"And so no wonder you don't write, and put it off month after month, decade after decade. For when you write, if it is to be any good at all, you must feel free, free and not anxious. The only good teachers for you are those friends who love you, who think you're interesting or very important or wonderfully funny; whose attitude is: 'Tell me more, tell me all you can, I want to understand more about everything you feel and know and all the changes inside and out of you. Let more come out!' And if you have so no such friend-- and you want to write-- well then you must imagine one."

I'm awfully glad I don't have to imagine you folks (I mean, I didn't imagine you... did I?:)

1 comment:

Nola J Moore said...

Not completely. Although I'm fairly certain I'm at least 13% imaginary by volume. . .