Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Writers Block?

Are some stories simply not ready to be born? Here I sit in my space - it's clean and organized. I don't have any pets, children or a partner to distract me. I have pages of chapter notes, an outline, synopsis, character profiles, the magic system of the world - all carefully placed on the table.

Still, I stare at the computer screen, glance at my notes, write a couple of sentences, delete, then write a couple more sentences, delete, another sentence, re-vise it. Then, I trash the sentence all together. Only to continue to stare at a blank screen.

Does anyone else do this? Why cannot write the story that I have so carefully planned? 

1 comment:

Nola J Moore said...

Mmmmm . . . . Overplanned story . . . . :)

Stop hitting the delete key and do what you do best: throw up on the page.

I'm looking forward to it. . . .