Sunday, February 17, 2008

Quotes For the Day

Two Death Pixie thoughts for the day:

"M is for Magic. All the letters are if you put them together properly."
---Neil Gaiman

"The purpose of film-- of any art-- is to engage us, to tweak our synapses and set our chemicals in motion: our adrenaline, our sweat. We should not approach it disaffectedly. We should be on the lookout for a miracle." -- film critic Marrit Ingman

Are you making magic? On the lookout for miracles? Don't you freakin love writing fiction?

3 comments:

Norma Boe said...

My favorite quote about life and art comes from Miranda July's movie, Me and You and Everyone We Know.

"I want to be swept off my feet you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Sarah Matanah said...

I do. I freakin' love writing fiction. And Laura, I freakin' love it when you use the word freakin'. Death Pixies, please continue feeling the vibe to the last cell on the tips of your trottin' typers. S

Laura Bradley Rede said...

Norma, I love that qoute! It is going on my answering machine right away!
And Sarah, I'm feeling the vibe. As for freakin', it's a technical term used by all the best writers when they want to sound particularly professional ;)
Happy freakin' writing, Pixies!